It’s nearly fall, which can mean only one thing: the Pantone Fashion Oracle has spoken. In its latest preview of color trends for the sartorially stymied, “Fall 2013: A Palette of Many Moods,” Pantone has rounded up a delightful mix of hues. A special treat are the little fashion sketches that accompany the report.
- Emerald (17-5641): Yep, Pantone’s official color of 2013 is still hanging on.
- Linden Green (15-0533): “Brings a lightness and brightness to the deeper shades of fall.” It’s also suggested you combine this and Emerald with the following.
- Mykonos Blue (18-4434): “A bold, meditative blue, for a classic and relaxed fall look.”
- Acai (19-3628): “Adds mystery and richness to the palette, and can be incorporated with the other colors to create a number of powerful fall combinations.”
- Koi (17-1452): “A decorative orange with dazzling and shimmering qualities, [it’s] a statement color that serves as a pick-me-up for your wardrobe.”
- Vivacious (19-2045): “An unruly and wildly deep fuchsia, adds an ebullient sensuality to the palette.”
- Deep Lichen Green (18-0312): Pair with the above, “a naturally lush shade of green, for a dynamic juxtaposition that captures both ends of the seasonal spectrum.”
- Carafe (19-1116): “A rich, glamorous brown” that could be a life saver the next time the overeager hordes bump into you at Starbucks…provided your drink matches your Carafe.
- Turbulence (19-4215): “A dark mercurial gray” that we think you’ll find is a few shades less exciting than its name implies.