After snapping up North American rights to sell and distribute The Curious Collection – a line of specialty papers by Arjowiggins – back in December, Mohawk has just released its first Curious Collection Swatchbook. Designed to fit in with its present swatchbook series, it features a clean green-and-white cover design – printed on Curious Collection Metallics Ice Silver 111 lb. Cover/300 gsm – that belies the paper anarchy lurking within. (Details pages are printed on Conqueror CX22 Diamond White 80 lb. Text/120 gsm.)
So what is The Curious Collection? Imagine seven ordinary papers freshly returned from space exhibiting powers and abilities far beyond those of normal sheets. They are:
- Curious Translucents: Naturally translucent papers for use with designs where layering or show through is desired
- Curious Particles: A 100% recycled flecked paper with inclusions for added interest
- Curious Metallics: A rich, glittering alloy that adds a shimmery appearance and tactile texture in 24 fashion-forward and complementary colors
- Curious Cosmic: Shimmery reflective colors with an extraordinary soft matte metal effect and a remarkable, patented tactile feel
- Curious Matter: An innovative paper featuring potato starch to create an intriguing tactile experience
- Curious Touch: A deep soft matte texture as remarkable as it appears
- Curious Skin: Distinctive surface and saturated, bold colors invite recipients to touch and feel.
The new swatchbook features the entire line of papers, which are manufactured with FSC-certified pulps using renewable energy credits (RECS) from Green-e certified energy sources.