The first time you see it up close, it can be a little disorienting. The crisp, nearly photo-like quality. The individual feathers on the face of the owl. The tiniest, glittery flecks of the model’s makeup. The wispy hairs on the tiger. “It” is the Fujifilm photo folder, and for any designer who hasn’t been keeping up with the development of production inkjet printing, it’s nothing short of a revelation.
Printed on the Fujifilm J Press 750S digital inkjet press, the folder cheekily reinforces its “A Keen Eye Catches Every Detail” tagline with a menagerie of animal eyes. These images show off how achingly precise inkjet printing can be in terms of rendering high-resolution images, super-smooth transitions and greater details.
Simply put, when you place a piece printed on a production inkjet press next to one printed offset, it can be extremely difficult to tell the difference.
An Endless Variety of Eye-Catching Colors
As you can see with these animal portraits, production inkjet gives you colors that pop right off the page. Its enhanced color gamut allows you to reproduce more spot colors – and produce more vibrant print overall – simply by using CMYK inks.
Options That Only Digital Printing Can Provide
Inkjet printing isn’t simply an alternative to offset; it brings you benefits that only digital printing can.
For starters, by tapping its powerful variable-data printing capabilities, you can personalize each and every piece in a print run. Among other things, this allows you to:
- Run split tests: If you have several different approaches you’d like to try for a direct-mail campaign, for example, you can split your print run up to include all of them. Using a special promo code, you can then track which design and/or wording was most effective, further honing your marketing efforts.
- Personalize appeals: Studies have shown that print personalization boosts response rates. Yet why stop at including just the recipient’s name? Why not highlight products or services that you know they’ve used in the past? With production inkjet printing, you can personalize each and every piece with recipient-specific text, images, the works!
- Print only the number of items you need. Since inkjet production setup costs are quite reasonable, you can have as large or small a print run as you’d like; produce 10 pieces or 5,000. And by printing them only as you need them – 2,000 for an upcoming conference, for instance – you can stay on budget. This also means you don’t have to find room to store them in mass quantities, which your clients will appreciate.
- Consistent color. And because it’s digital, once you get the colors the way you want them, they will be consistent every time you print them, whether it’s today or a year from now.
- Reap the environmental benefits. Unlike offset printing, which generates “makeready” paper waste as the press gets up to speed, inkjet produces perfect, useable copies the moment it runs.
No Limit to What You Can Do
From your favorite papers to a wide variety of rigid and flexible media, production inkjet can help you tackle any project, including:
- High-end direct mail and postcards
- Brochures and catalogs
- Packaging and labels
- Books and magazines
- Business cards and pocket folders
- Point-of-purchase (POP) displays and signs
Ready to see for yourself just how jaw-dropping production inkjet printing can look? Enter to win 1 of 50 “A Keen Eye Catches Every Detail” photo folders right now! Hurry, this contest ends March 2nd! (North American entries only, please.) [THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED]