Spotlight: Monadnock Paper Mills
In recent years the tide of public opinion has turned drastically in favor of environmental responsibility. As in the aftermath of any great change, you can already hear future generations asking, “What did your company do during the eco-awakening?” Up till now, of course, designers could argue that their clients didn’t want to print on 100% recycled paper because they insisted on the luxurious look and feel of coated sheets. But now, Monadnock Paper Mills is rewriting the rules with Astrolite PC 100 Velvet, the only premium, coated-two-side, 100% recycled sheet available in America. (Well there goes that excuse.)
Is Opinion Leaning Toward Environmental Responsibility?
A growing number of American consumers – driven by Millennials, it turns out – are buying sustainable products because they’re sustainable products, according to a recent Nielsen survey. Since 2014, sustainable product sales have grown by nearly 20%, according to the report, with a compound average growth rate four times greater than that of conventional products. Big brands such as Coca-Cola, L’Oreal and Absolut are getting the message. (For starters, they’re continuing to invest in developing and improving sustainable paper bottles.) The consultancy Reputation Dividend has even determined that a portion of a company’s overall value can now be tied to its reputation as a good corporate and environmental citizen.
A New Way to Make Sustainability Look (and Feel) Amazing
For years, many brands have taken advantage of Monadnock’s full range of premium eco-friendly papers, including its Astrolite line of brilliant White uncoated papers: Smooth, Vellum and Silk. Now with their new Astrolite PC 100 Velvet C2S, they’ve outdone themselves. Here’s why:
1. An American Evolution. Astrolite PC 100 Velvet is the only premium, bright white paper that is coated on two sides (C2S) and crafted in America from 100% post-consumer waste recycled fiber.
2. That High-End Feel. It boasts a coating that makes it feel as beautiful as it looks, seducing consumers with the very first touch. Whether using traditional, UV offset or HP Indigo digital printing, your work will wow its audience tactilely and visually every single time.
3. That High-End Look. World-class papermaking coupled with a high-performance velvet coating make your images pop with intense colors and strong contrasts that will last a lifetime.
4. Eco-Credentials that Big Names Demand. For those luxury, fashion and lifestyle brands that count their sustainable business practices as part of their allure, it doesn’t get much better than this. In addition to being made from 100% recycled fiber, Astrolite PC 100 Velvet also enjoys the same environmental standards as all Monadnock printing papers: it’s FSC certified, manufactured carbon neutral, and made with 100% renewable Green-e certified wind-powered electricity under a third-party certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
5. A Range of Basis Weights. Choose from 80 lb. and 100 lb. Text, and 80 lb., 100 lb. and 130 lb Cover. (Other weights are available upon request.)
Sure, it all sounds amazing, but there’s really only one way to fall in love with this paper’s one-of-a-kind, luxurious velvety feel – get the new print demonstration in your hands ASAP. Enter to win one of 100 copies right now! Hurry, this contest ends Dec. 5th. (North American entries only, please.) [THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED]
Astrolite PC 100 is a trademark of Monadnock Paper Mills Inc.