Weekly Quiz: Non-Uniform Appearance of Ink on a Page is Called…?

Answer: Mottle!

Mottle is a printing defect characterized by a spotty, non-uniform appearance in solid printed areas. While there are several forms of mottle – density mottle, gloss mottle, color mottle – all are typically the result of non-uniform ink absorbence across the surface of the paper.



Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


© 2002 - 2024 PaperSpecs

Log in

Forgot your details?