Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013
2 p.m. Eastern (11 a.m. Pacific)
Creating high-end invitations for luxury events is like BASE jumping in a wing suit,” says PaperSpecs Founder Sabine Lenz. “I think of it as extreme designing.”
You have one shot to get it right, to capture the mood and the surroundings of a singular event. But the thrill of designing high-end invitations is the chance to let your imagination soar, to be innovative.
In PaperSpecs’ free webinar, “High-End Invitations,” Karen Mar, creative manager at MGM Resorts International; and Suzie McKig, co-owner and designer at Twig & Fig; will explore luxury designing for special events.
From defining what makes for a spectacular visual presentation to selecting the best paper, Mar and McKig will share their insights on:
- Client Meetings: hearing clients’ key words, getting visual cues
- Defining Objectives: budget, timeline, production
- Design Options: how to narrow them down
- Concept Development: sketching, research, prototypes
- Paper: weights, finishes, grain, selecting suitable materials, costs
- Production Magic: ink, coatings, special effects, bindery, handwork
- Process: design, building files, selecting a printer, tests.
Thanks to the generous support of Neenah Paper, “High-End Invitations” is free and open to the public. Space is limited though, so be sure to reserve your seat today for this special event at www.paperspecs.com/webinar.