Where oh where would we be without stock images? Can you imagine having to turn around every project you tackle in just a few days if you had to put together a photo shoot for each and every one?
We now receive some insight into the other side of this business thanks to iStockphoto’s insightful infographic (and a 54 page report), which gives us an idea of just what we searched its ever-growing collection for in 2012.
Without further adieu, here are the most searched categories of 2012:
- 73%: People – Diversity being key
- 68%: Business – From different cultures, working through the night
- 67%: Concepts – Coziness, comfort, and colors from nature
- 58%: Lifestyle – People having fun…without spending much $$$
- 42%: Medical – Real health topics in real-world environments.
Some more highlights:
- 98%: Number of creatives who use stock images in their work (just 34% in 1986)
- 41%: Those who use 4-5 sites for stock images (only 14% use one site)
- 98% vs. 32%: Percentage of royalty free images used vs. rights-managed images.