Mohawk’s latest announcement proves either that it continues to peer into the secret desires of designers everywhere…or it’s simply cleaning out the ol’ samples closet. Either way, the new Mohawk Sample Club launched this week is a clever take on the rise of curated-sample subscriptions. For $80 a year, Mohawk will send you a goodie box each quarter loaded with many of its latest promotions – items you probably actually want, to boot. Check out the first bundle:
- Issue #1 of the Mohawk Maker Quarterly, printed on Mohawk Superfine
- A book of stunning images by highly acclaimed New York photographer David Prince
- A limited-edition journal co-designed by Massimo Vignelli
- DODOcase Notes, a nest for your phone and paper for your thoughts
- A 20% discount on any Moo Luxe product
- A Mohawk Superfine swatchbook.
Not only does this give Mohawk another opportunity to get some of its most impressive promotions into more hands, it also does something that paper companies really need to do more of: promote their products as desirable, expertly crafted luxury items rather than grist for business projects. A+ Mohawk.