There must’ve been a champagne toast or two in the halls of Mohawk this week as they put the finishing touches on this news: They’ve gone and snagged North American sales, marketing and distribution rights for one of the most exciting paper lines going – Arjowiggins’ Curious Collection – as well as Conqueror, with orders being accepted from Dec. 28th. (The two lines were previously handled in North America by Appleton Coated.)
To refresh your memory, “Conqueror has been known in Europe as the gold standard for brand identity and projects ranging from corporate stationery to exclusive invitations,” according to the official press murmurings. And The Curious Collection is comprised of:
- Curious Translucents: Naturally translucent papers for use with designs where layering or show through is desired.
- Curious Particles: A 100% recycled, flecked paper with inclusions for added interest.
- Curious Metallics: A rich, glittering alloy adds a shimmery, visual appearance and tactile texture in 24 fashion-forward and complementary colors.
- Curious Cosmic: Shimmery reflective colors with an extraordinary soft matte metal effect and a remarkable, patented tactile feel.
- Curious Matter: An innovative paper featuring potato starch to create an intriguing tactile experience.
- Curious Touch: A deep soft matte texture as remarkable as it appears.
- Curious Skin: Distinctive surface and saturated, bold colors invite recipients to touch and feel.
A result of Mohawk’s (relatively) recent strategic partnership with Arjowiggins Creative Papers, this means we can look forward to a new swatchbook for The Curious Collection in early 2016, according to Mohawk.
Now where’s that champagne?