During manufacture the paper web passes through sets of rolls called the press. This occurs either to remove water from the web at the wet press: to smooth and level the sheet’s surface at the smoothing press; or to apply surface treatments to the sheet at the size press.

« Back to Glossary Index

© 2002 - 2022 PaperSpecs

Log in

Forgot your details?